The Forum of the Guitar-Elite community 

• Presentation: David Correa

• New to Guitar-Elite? Say hello ! Where are you ? What are you playing, acoustic, classic, electric ? How long have you been playing? What styles do you like to play? Introduce yourself by creating an individual topic.
New to Guitar-Elite? Say hello ! Where are you ? What are you playing, acoustic, classic, electric ? How long have you been playing? What styles do you like to play? Introduce yourself by creating an individual topic.
 #124  by David Correa
 Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:00 pm
Hello everyone! Welcome to Guitar Elite!

My name is David Correa, I have a degree on music with a focus on musical arrangements, also I'm a multi-instrumentalist, in order of skill: Guitar, Vocals, Bass, Keyboard, and have some drum chops.

My musical story started in such a curious way because when I was a little kid I hated music (yes, hard to believe), I remember that every day on the bus or when I was walking on the street it was really stressful for me to see how other people really enjoyed music. It was anime (because of AMVs) and bands like System of a Down, Aerosmith, AC/DC that developed on me the love that I have for music.

I started playing guitar when I was around 14 years old, thanks to one of my cousins, the one that taught me my first chords, but it was really at 16 years old that I began to take it more seriously. When I started my career I didn't have a great level, but what I felt every time I played my guitar made me take the decision of dedicating my life to music, and I don't regret it at all.

In college, I learned a lot of musical genres such as blues, jazz, funk, pop, rock, soul, hip hop, bossa nova and tango (mostly jazz), especially on the last part of my career, the musical arrangements part, where I learned what is the purpose of every instrument on a certain format band in those genres.
Also, I discovered a passion for singing and composing, two of my current favorite activities as a musician.

Currently, I'm in 3 different bands of different genres, on the first one we explore things like prog rock with some funky or jazzy vibes, on the second one, rap metal with funk, and rock n' roll stuff, and the last one, Latin American rock, with some reggae and even "champeta", a famous genre from here.
I have some experience with musical arrangements of different genres and band formats, recording guitar and vocals, and some knowledge about mixing and recording in general.

I'm so excited about this, anything you want to know that I can share my knowledge with you, don't hesitate and ask me! Also, I know that I will learn a lot from you, so let's do this musical journey together!

Greetings!
David Correa :D