The Forum of the Guitar-Elite community 

• 4 - BASICS FOR ACOUSTIC GUITAR PART 4

• Find every lessons about Acoustic Guitar here ! Get help and answers to your questions by choosing the topic of your lesson.
Find every lessons about Acoustic Guitar here ! Get help and answers to your questions by choosing the topic of your lesson.
 #23  by Guitar-Elite
 Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:36 pm
4 - BASICS FOR ACOUSTIC GUITAR PART 4

The journey of advance in your basic guitar skills has just begun !

In this lesson, we will continue with the exercises for the strength of your fingers of the left hand.

Now that we worked on the first strings, it’s time to start playing with the hard ones, that’s why the first one is all over the six strings.

In the following task you will see the next tool that is really useful, the “slide” combined with the normal attack of your pick, and the legato, now you have more possibilities or “colors” for the sound that you’re building.

If you like Rock music I have some really good news for you!

The most important chord (and the first one that I’m teaching you) to play that powerful genre is in this lesson, so you can start playing a lot of songs that contain power chords. Also, there is another melody to apply all the concepts.

(click on the image to view the video)

You got a question about this lesson ? Ask David here !
 #3130  by David Correa
 Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:03 am
Susanwrigh wrote:Which instructor would you prefer, I know what a lot of you going to say. Try one or 2 out to see which one you like. I just want your opinion which help you on your journey. Also Im playing on Alvarez AD660 acoustic electric and I love it so far.
Hello Susan! :)
I was just looking your guitar, the Alvarez AD660 and that guitar looks gorgeous and confortable to play!
What do you mean by which instructor do I prefer? Guitar players? Musicians in general?
My main influences as musicians in general are Richie Kotzen (his legato is amazing, and he is an amazing songwriter and singer), Jeff Buckley (an amazing singer with an insane range, his music is a little bit blue in mood but he was just mindblowing), Myles Kennedy (one of the best rock singers that are around right now, his work with Alter Bridge and Slash is amazing, also he started as a guitar player and then started singing), I have also some influences by Dream Theater and Opeth, I love progresive rock and metal.

As guitar players again appears Richie Kotzen, Guthrie Govan, and I really like Andy Timmons's feel, recently I've been into Nick Johnston (even bought his schecter signature model) and as acoustic guitar players I really like guys like Joe Robinson, Mike Dawes, Tommy Emmanuel and Chet Atkins, love the fingerstyle and the percussive fingerstyle.
I hope this answered your question, if not don't hesitate and answer back, I will try to help you with anything I can

Cheers!, David :D 8-)